Art Journaling for Teen Wellbeing
Creative art journaling or visual journaling can be a powerful tool in self expression and self discovery. Journaling requires no previous art experience as its value is in the process of opening a creative mind rather than creating good art. Journaling can be used to help make sense of what is happening around us and how we feel about this; to give voice to something we feel cannot be spoken; to gain insight into an aspect about ourselves we may not have considered before, and to release any anger, pain or anguish; and a way to carry ourselves from on place o another.
When: Saturday 8th October - Saturday 12th November, 2016, 10.00am – 12.00pm.
Where: Khokho Art Studio, Greensborough.
Cost: $165.00 (to be paid prior to commencement, Or $33 weekly by arrangement only)
Limited places. Bookings essential here
Most materials provided.
All participants will be required to bring an A4 or larger sized journal.
No artistic experience required.
The nitty gritties
* This workshop would suit ages 13 upward.
* Fees are due prior to or on commencement unless other arrangements have been made.
* If you are paying weekly, please note - I require payments to be made each week. I have the right to stop your attendance until payment is made if you are more than a week behind. I will notify you if your account is in arrears.
* Materials will be provided, however as the weeks progress participants may find their own materials they wish to use in their journals
and they are encouraged to bring these.
* Missed sessions will not be refunded but made up with a 30min individual session with Jacqui at a convenient time for both parties.
"Doing this (journaling) has helped when I'm stressed or worried, then I can use the technics that we practice in the room at home or where ever I mite be." (aged 14)
"It was eye opening." (aged 15)
"I liked how every week we did a different thing." (aged 14)
"It was different but in a good way." (aged 14)
"I liked it a lot!" (aged 15)
"It was fun" (aged 13)